Thursday, November 28, 2013

Emulating Back and Forward On A Regular 2 Button Scroll Mouse

I have discovered just how much I depend on the back and forward buttons on my mouse. Working on a lot of different computers where I cannot control the hardware I am provided, but thankfully I can over come that by using AutoHotKey and adding the following script to the default script.

It is important to ensure the first line is in the script. If it is not there, you will not be able to use your right button for anything. Seems unintuitive, but that is how it is.
RButton::click right
RButton & WheelDown::Send {Browser_Back}  ; Left Arrow, Browser Back Button
RButton & WheelUp::Send {Browser_Forward}  ; Right Arrow, Browser Forward Button
Now I can navigate forward and backward by right clicking and scrolling.

No comments: